Monday, January 1, 2007

2007 Resolutions

Time for the annual exercise of self assessment that we've come to know as "New Year's Resolutions"... although for a lot of us it might as well as be April 1st. Why do it? Well I guess because there's that little voice inside urging us to become a better person, and we inately know that we can't judge our success without objectives. So here are some things I'm hoping I can accomplish in 2007 (not necessarily in order of probability or importance!)

1) Get a passport. No, I'm not a big international traveler - quite the contrary. But with the fact that it now requires a passport to even visit Canada I want to have one in the drawer ready to go.

2) Pass another .NET exam. Got to keep staying abreast of the technology, especially given the age discrimination that exists in IT for anyone over 50.

3) Transfer at least one VHS to DVD. We have these family VHS tapes with precious memories lying around. Time to figure out how to get them converted for posterity.

4) Do at least 36 observations in 2007. I've allowed my scope to slide into mild disrepair and inaccessibility due to "lack of time". I know I can not get to starting digital imaging like I would like to but I can certainly carve out the time to get the equipment functional and taking me to inspiring vistas once more.

5) Take a vacation this summer. Last summer ended up being shortchanged by the job changes - can't allow that to occur again this year hopefully!

Now there are lots of other things I could put on the list - painting the living room, straightening the basement, waterproof the porch, etc. But those things, while needed and might happen, are not really inspiring or necessarily gratifying.

Well that's my list - we'll see how I've done come next Dec 31st!

No comments: