Monday, November 10, 2008

Cleaning the Studio

If you use Visual Studio you know the "Start" page has a listing of your most recently accessed projects/solutions. While it's not a major issue I find at times that I'd like to remove some of these items. For example, if I've been creating some scratch type projects to try out some ideas, or if I created a solution and added in several existing projects as part of the solution, then you end up with a ton of clutter making the MRU list a little less effective.

While it's possible to manipulate the registry to adjust what appears in the list, there is a sweet piece of free code by Bobby DeRosa that is an add-in to VS 2005/2008 that makes this a breeze. You get a "Clear Recent Projects" item from the File menu in VS, which provides a simple interface listing the MRU objects with checkboxes adjacent to them. You simply check the ones you want remove and click the Clear button and - viola! - your list now contains only what you want!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim

I found your blog today while on the internet. I was unable to determine an email address. After looking at your 2007 Christmas Pictures, I am positive that you are "Baby Jim" as you look exactly like Uncle James in one of the pictures. My email address is"CARLENESMITH@ATT.NET" and I would greatly enjoy hearing from you.

Carlene