Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Silverlight Persistence

No, this post isn't about creating objects and saving their state. What I'm curious about is whether anyone else is tired of swatting down that ubiquitous MS pop-up letting you know that you can download Silverlight. I know, I know - if having to dismiss that little pop-up a couple of times a day is my worse problem then I've truly had a great day.

It's just that they're getting as annoying as Verizon FIOS sales pitches - every time I turn around I get this solicitation. Maybe I don't want it because I'm on my company laptop and it's against policy to download untested software (even from MicroSoft). Maybe my hard drive is already bloated with .NET versions 1, 1.1, 2.0, and 3.5 and I don't want to chew up the disk space. Whatever my rational please accept it - stop the "push" delivery method.

Com'on MS - if I want Silverlight I know where to download it!

No comments: